Hours of Content: 20
Welcome to Server API Development in Swift, Kitura, & Bluemix.
Why take this course?
It can be tough learning many different languages for both front-end and back-end development. Why not make life so much easier and program everything in Swift? Here are a few reasons why you should learn Kitura with Swift:
- You can build an API that supports all platforms (Firebase only supports iOS/Android - not tvOS or macOS)
- You can become a full stack-engineer without having to learn another programming language
- Knowing back-end API development will give you a competitive advantage in applying for jobs
- You can build an API and database for your own app ideas
- Lower learning curve to get a back-end up vs learning Node or Rails or Django or PHP
What you will learn
- Swift (if you don't know it already)
- Kitura (framework for building APIs and managing web requests)
- IBM Cloudant Database
- IBM Bluemix
- How to deploy an API live on the Internet
- How to build an iOS app that communicates with your own API
- How to get your API to store and retrieve data from databases
- How to set up the tools for development on macOS and Ubuntu
- Working with CRUD operations
- REST API
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for iOS developers who want to build APIs in Swift
- This course is for new programmers who want to start learning APIs in Swift
- This course is for mobile developers who want to build a back-end API for their app
- Own a computer with macOS or Ubuntu
- Basics Swift skills are helpful, but not required
1. All items sold on myopenacademy.com are digital (sent on email). Your course link will be emailed to your registered email address. This happens instantly after your purchase is completed.
2. Redemption terms and instructions are mentioned in the email.
3. All orders are processed instantly.
4. Please contact us at email@example.com in case you have any queries or need help with anything.